Post 7 -otl-201-Enhancing Social Presence

posted in: otl201 | 0

Enhancing Social Presence

In my introductory post, social presence was intimated to be the sense that another person is “real” and “there” when using a communication medium (Short et al., 1976).  Seek to maintain my presence within the domain of courses a teach I have since introduced emoticons and paralanguage to compensate for the lack of social context cues (p. 15). Additionally, I use smiley- and frown-face emoticons the most in the communication systems. Desirous to engage my students in the way they understand the most, I link a lot of contest to the real world and evolving contemporary issues such as seen in the social media platforms. I also look for means of affective/emotional expression of my students.

The most improvement is making regular quality presentation/post, acknowledging feedback and providing responses in timely manner, study the environments for recent impactful events and posting them faster to gain popularity (like breaking news) and understand the need of my constituents (students)  and  providing them with what they need most.

Since my last post there has been tremendous changes in the direction of people gaining social presence by continually providing thought provoking and invigorating messages.